Fitting and removing rear wheels on City Bike
To make sure you do this correctly, you need to determine – before starting the work – what type of brakes and what gear system your bike has.
In the step-by-step video below, we show you how to remove the rear wheel on a bike that has hub brakes and Shimano Nexus 3 gears.
- Use a 10 mm spanner to loosen the rear screw on the bell crank until it can be easily removed.
- Remove the pushrod. Make sure you don’t misplace it.
- Unscrew the brake arm on the opposite side. NOTE! Do not forget to refit the brake arm when reassembling.
- Use a 15 mm spanner to loosen the hub nuts.
- Remove the wheel and the chain.
Browse our range of affordable bicycle tyres and inner tubes!
And don’t forget to also check out our range of bicycle tools and products for maintenance, cleaning and lubrication.